RG&E Phone Number
800 Number for RG&E
How to call RG&E: use this toll free number for customer service questions such as outages, bill pay and more. When you call, you will be asked the questions below.
Hours: 7Am to 7pm Monday to Friday
- Thank you for calling Rochester Gas and Electric. Para Español, markenueve.
- For a gas emergency, press 1,
- for billing and payments including payment arrangements press 2.
- To start, stop, or transfer service, provide a transfer read, or for new construction or upgrades press 3,
- for a meter reading press 4,
- outages, press 5,
- for more options press 6.
- To make a payment by phone press 1,
- for electricity supply information press 2,
- for the employee directory press 3,
- all other questions press 4,
- Please hold while I connect you with the next available customer representative. To insure quality service, your call may be monitored or recorded.
Emergency / Electric Outage
- Thank you for calling RG&E’s 24-hour emergency number.
- Other representatives are currently taking customer calls.
- If you’re calling to report a gas emergency where you smell gas, do not hang up the phone or turn off any appliances or lights. Get out and call 911 for your local emergency response agency from another location.
- If you’re calling for another emergency situation, please hold the line and you’ll be answered by the next available operator. Thank you
Self Service Line
- Thank you for calling Rochester Gas and Electric. We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes.
- If you are calling with a life-threatening situation, please call 911.
- For a meter reading, press 1.
- For billing and payments, including payment arrangements, press 2.
- For more options, press 3.
- To make a onetime payment by phone, press 1.
- For electricity supply information, press 2.
- For the employee directory, press 3.
- All other questions press 4.
- Please hold while I connect you with the next available customer representative. To ensure quality service, your call may be monitored or recorded.
- Good Morning, customer service. This is XXXXXX (real person).
- To go back to the main menu, press pound.