800 Number for Social Security
How to call Social Security Administration: for customer service, dial any of these toll free numbers. When you call, you will be asked the questions below.
General Information Automated Telephone Services
hours: 7AM – 7PM, Monday through Friday
- Thank you for calling Social Security
- Para la prensa española siete.
- For claim status, press 1.
- To update your personal information, press 2.
- To update your name, press 1.
- To update your address or phone number, press 2.
- To update your direct deposit information, press 3.
- For something else, press 4.
- To request a new or replacement card, press 3.
- For a social security card, press 1.
- For a Medicare card, press 2.
- For both cards, press 3.
- Or for something else, press 4.
- For Medicare or eligibility, press 4.
- If you already receive Medicare benefits, press 1.
- If you don’t, press 2.
- For office locations in your area, press 5.
- Enter the 5-digit zip code where you want me to find an office.
- For other options, press 6.
- To set up or change direct deposit of your social security benefit deposit, press 1.
- To apply for benefits, press 2.
- To request a proof of income letter, press 3.
- To get a replacement 1099 benefit statement, press 4.
- If it’s something else, press 5.
Social Security Division of Business Services
- Thank you for calling the social security administration. You have reached the employer reporting service center.
- Online social security number verification service and electronic filing may be found on our website; at www.socialsecurity.gov/employer.
- To ensure that you receive accurate and courteous service, your call may be monitored or recorded.
- If you are calling to register to use business services online, please say or press 1.
- If you are calling to verify if social security number for a current or former employee using our automated employee verification service, please say or press 2.
- For more options, please say or press 3.
- To repeat this menu say or press 7.
- Thank you for calling the social security administration. You have reached the division of business services. Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00pm eastern time. For your convenience, information about online, social security number verification service, electronic filing and answers to our most frequently asked questions can be found on our website at www.ssa.gov/employer or you may send us an email at email@example.com. Do include your complete name and telephone number so we can reach you if necessary. Thank you for calling the division of business services.
TTY/ Hard of Hearing: 1-800-325-0778
Electronically File W-2: 1-800-772-6270 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)
BSO Technical Assistance: 1-888-772-2970 (toll free)
hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ESTMonday – Friday