800 Number for Amazon
How to call Amazon: use the toll free number below to contact customer service for help with returns, orders, and account questions. When you call, you will be asked the questions below.
- Thank you for calling Amazon. This call could be recorded for quality assurance. Tell me briefly why you are calling.
- You can say things like:
- “I dont have my package”
- Just a moment, an associate will join you shortly [real person]
- “my kindle ebook purchase”
- if you are calling about the latest Kindle software update including information about profiles, passwords and the Washington Post please visit our help pages for more information at www.amazon.com/firetablethelp
- intermittent issues with you Kindle Fire, like a frozen screen or trouble downloading content, can be resolved by restarting you Kindle
- to restart yiur Kindle Fire, press and hold the power button for a full 40 seconds, release it, and then press the power button again
- to restart another kind of Kindle, slide and hold the power button for a full 40 seconds and then release
- video demonstrations of this process can be viewed found online at amazon.com/kindlesupport
- if you wish you can hang up the phone and try to restart your kindle, otherwise please stay on the line to speak to customer service [real person]
- “my amazon video”
- thank you for contacting Amazon customer service, my name is XXXXX, how may I help you today? [real person]
- “problem with my order”